IESO will migrate to a new authentication process for IESO participants and external users to register for and sign-on to IESO market-facing applications. As part of the EIM portal refresh project, the IESO will move from the current Oracle Access Manager and internal Microsoft Active Directory authentication solution to the Okta cloud-based solution to provide enhanced security and additional features using release 46.0. Online IESO API's will also be updated.
Changes to IESO systems planned as part of Release 46.0 are described below. The planned deployment dates are:
• Sandbox Build on August 5, 2021
• Non-Real Time Build on September 9, 2021
• Real-Time Build on September 15, 2021
Some of the features include:
• Support for Modern Authentication SAML and Open Authentication standards
• Flexible Adaptive Multi-Factor Authentication Options for external end users
• Full participant registration and automated self-service user account provisioning and password reset capabilities
• A single application access user dashboard for each environment (sandbox and production) that will serve as single portals for users to access IESO market facing applications and select internal facing only applications
Although the listed applications may experience some small outages, once migrated, accessing these applications should go smoothly. IESO recommends end users activate their new IESO Gateway accounts using the same credentials as their Active Directory.